Monday, April 9, 2018

Mushrooms to the rescue!

When I took the 30 day challenge of not eating packaged food, little did I know that I got to be really determined to keep it going. 
Last night I was put to this very test!
Oh yeah, the husband came with the simple pack of lays potato to sink in the sofa just next to me and my daughter did her part by slurping a nice cup of Oreo flavoured ice cream. 
So girls! I so wanted to have just a couple of chips from the sparkly bag but wasn’t I supposed to do that!?

Sautéed mushrooms and bell peppers 

Determined to fix my snack, I armed myself with a pack of mushrooms and a knife to chop them off. 
So there I was! Washed a handful of mushrooms, chopped them into fours. Sautéed them in cold pressed ground nut oil with crushed garlic. It stayed over the pan for a couple of minutes or so just until cooked yet crunchy. Added half of a green bell pepper, which were neatly cut into large cubes. Made them to stay for another minute in high flame continuously sautéing it. Topped it with salt and pepper and plated them over a white ceramic salad bowl with a fork to poke into!
There I had my quick fix and aren’t they damn healthy. 
So, I had my collars up with the most delicious and coolest homemade snack ever! Something to envy upon.


No comments:

Post a Comment